Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    EvilHomer
    Participant

I built this amp years ago and shelved it for various reasons. I just got it running again and into a head cab. I was playing it, about 20 minutes or so, and it shut off, ie blew a fuse. I pulled the tubes and replaced the fuse and burned out two more testing it with out any tubes in it. Does this mean the power tranny fried? If so would that be due to a faulty power tranny or did I wire something wrong? Any help would be great. Thanks.

I AM EVIL HO-MER....I AM EVIL HO-MER.....I AM EVIL HO-MER.....I AM EVIL HO-MER!

Robin
    Participant

Follow the instructions in this link: http://www.geofex.com/ampdbug/pwrtrans.htm
    It is possible that the PT is blown but it’s also possible that it’s something else in the power supply, a bad tube can cause damage to other components. When a fuse blows, it’s not because the fuse went bad, use the light bulb current limiter you built when you constructed the TwoStroke (you did build a current limiter, right?) while testing the amp to ensure that there are no dead shorts that could cause addition damage.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.