Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Participant

Welcome and congratulations on the 2Stroke kit purchase. There is no reason that you could not build the kit chassis into a head. Using a design similar to the Fender 6G15 reverb, the 2Stroke chassis would work great.

Andy would be best to answer the kit questions but I’d advise you to put insulation on the component leads on the back of the eyelet board so nothing touches when it’s mounted to the chassis.

Good luck

Andy
    Keymaster

I typically use the leads of the capacitors to connect the 3 power capacitor grounds together on the side close to the front of the chassis, but the other connections I use insulated wire. The few wires that crossover are probably too long to use the leads from installed parts. It’s safer to use insulated also.

As far as the wire and the colors and what goes where, that is really your choice. The Book explains to use some of the cut wires from the power transformer for certain things, I would stick to that. Otherwise, I use black for ground connections and white for other connections. I include wire in the kit mostly as a convenience so feel free to use it as you want or to use other wire.

siliconbronze
    Participant

Thanks very much for the welcome and the advice and picture. I feel much better now!

siliconbronze
    Participant

Thanks very much for the info. That makes senses, if it’s on the ground side, and they reach, its cool to use the bare legs…

Robin
    Participant

The finished chassis

[attachment=45]RC8chassis2.jpg[/attachment]

Robin
    Participant

The finished chassis.

[attachment=46]RC8chassis2_2012-06-01.jpg[/attachment]

There was a question about how hot the head runs, it turns out this one is the coolest running 2Stroke I’ve built, because of the larger PT and the cross-flow ventilation.

Additional photos are posted in the 2Stroke head folder in my photos:
    https://www.tubeampnetwork.com/tan-community/74-robin/photos/album?albumid=23
    Use the “download” button above any of the photos there for a larger, clearer view.

Robin
    Participant

This is the 2Stroke with the volume set about half way up, JJ 6L6 with a NOS rectifier tube. It’s still fairly clean (for a 2Stroke) at this setting. Tele style guitar, no effects.
    {audio}halfwayup.mp3{/audio}

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.