Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    DeluxeMan
    Participant

Here is a pic of the board after I built it up btw.

Edit.. There was an attachment.. Here’s a link.

http://s1006.photobucket.com/albums/af187/wag69/Two%20stroke/?action=view&current=board.jpg

beelzebum
    Participant

I have a feeling that the noise you are getting might be caused by some of your caps. With the increased voltage you were getting before on V1, it may have caused one of the little electrolytic caps to degrade. What are the voltage ratings on the two caps that are connected to your boost switch, and also your cathode bypass cap on V2.

DeluxeMan
    Participant

Hi Beelzebum
    Funny you should mention that, my supplier said they only had a 50v for the .47 he said that as that part of the circuit should only ever see a small voltage it would be OK. There’s my problem you reckon?

Edit. All other parts were to spec voltage wise, just a couple of minor value changes.

beelzebum
    Participant

Quite possibly. I would change both the .47 and the 25 just to be on the safe side, since they both saw about 190v.

DeluxeMan
    Participant

Was the OT primaries, just reversed them and tried it with 6V6, 6L6, EL34 and KT66 all perfect. :cheer:

Just tried the KT66 with the Celestion Blue in my 5E3 and my missus came out to tell me it was a bit loud for 10pm.. Sounded really fawesome!

I’ve put the 6K6 back in anyway. Have also ordered the replacement boost caps.

Thanks for all your help! :)

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.