Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jona
    Participant

Hi, when i received the kit i was expecting there to be plans for building the cab, but there were none. does anyone know where i can get them?
    Thanks!

Robin
    Participant

I’ve never seen drawn plans for the 2Stroke amp. DH didn’t include a design in the book. You could study the photos of the 2 Stroke cabinets here on the TAN site. The “Maggie” cabinet that Weber sells is basically a 2 Stroke cabinet (same speaker and chassis specs).

I have a finished two tone (tan and white) cabinet similar to this:
    https://www.tubeampnetwork.com/tan-community/74-robin/photos/photo?albumid=9#photoid=41.
    The baffle is for 1-12″ speaker, but building a new baffle board for 8″ & 10″ speakers would be pretty easy. In fact, I’ll cut a new baffle board with the correct speaker cut-outs (you finish it), if that helps. Let me know if you are interested, it’ brand new, never used and stills need the holes drilled for mounting the amp chassis. It comes with a custom made cover from D2F covers (the best).

joewilly
    Participant

I made my own amplifier cabinet based on Dave Hunters measurements. He suggested 20 inches long, 16 inches high and 10 inches deep. Based on your woodworking skills it is not too difficult. I mitered the corners and I used wood bisqits to secure corners with wood glue. I used popular a semi hardwood which had to be glued together on edge to get the 10 inch width.
    Then the baffle board I used 1/2 inch baltic birch. I went on You Tube and typed in Dave hunter 2 stroke amp and looked at the video that showed the cabinet from weber speakers which was part of video on assembling the 2 stroke.
    I would suggest building the cabinet 1 to 2 inches wider and higher. I made mine 20 by 16 inches, but it was a tight fit. it worked out fine but if I build a similar cabinet I would probably make it bigger. Cutting the notch for the chassis is a bit tricky just cut a templet first before making the final cuts on the real cabinet. lots of luck. Also I used the 8 and 10 ich speakers if you one 12 inch it would not be so cramped.

Andy
    Keymaster

It would be a great idea to draw up some plans for a cabinet. I will see if I can do that and get it on the site for early 2013. The cabinet building is fairly easy, its the covering that gets tricky ;)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.