Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Putnam1385
    Participant

Hi all! I am new to TAN and wanted to get some input into the constructions of the 2 stroke. I have not bought the parts yet, but when I do, I was considering building a head, not a combo. Does anybody know where I could get a good screened chassis for a head configuration, not combo? Thanks for the help.

Robin
    Participant

You could use the standard TAN Two Stroke chassis, or a 5F2A (Fender Princeton) style chassis from Mojo, Weber, Hoffman or others. Mod the stock chassis by moving the tube sockets to the top of the chassis, next to the transformers and you should be good to go. Check out the “Building a 2 Stroke Head” topic. It would be similar to this layout, except the chassis would mount on the bottom of the cabinet (similar to a Marshall or TrainWreck) instead of hanging from the top so the text would be right reading.
    The hardest part of building a 2Stroke head using a screened, stainless steel or chrome chassis is drilling hole in the much harder chassis material. It’s do-able, I’ve done it with both steel and aluminum, steel takes longer and is harder on your tools.
    Goodluck

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.