Home Forums Design and Building 2 Stroke Amplifier Design and Building help! problem in input…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nightbeat
    Participant

hi,

i’ve already done my first build, but sadly I have a problem. The amp is ONLY humming and no guitar sound at all. I already checked for the bad connections and fixed it, but there is still no guitar sound. I think I have no problem with the volume pot and tone pot, because when I turned the volume knob down, the humming is lower, and there is also a change of sound in the humming when I turned the tone pot. I have already done the input jack connections just like in the schematic in book, so I don’t know where the problem anymore. I used mogami platinum guitar jack, and the jack works perfect. Can anyone help me? thank you very much…

nightbeat
    Participant

problem solved!! the design has a flaw in the 2nd socket of 12ax7. it souldn’t be grounded. now i’m working on with the noises…

Andy
    Keymaster

Glad you figured it out. Pin 2 is not grounded, but if you use shielded cable, the shielding is grounded at one end. Pin 2 Is where your signal enters the tube so if it is grounded then you won’t have signal, just like you found out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.