Home Forums Design and Building 2 Stroke Amplifier Design and Building the 9 pin socket I recieved with my kit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ToneBone
    Participant

Im wiring up the 9 pin socket on my build and I think its mislabled or something as the pin labels dont correspond to any 9 pin pinout diagram I can find.

the spot labled pin 5 does not have a tang or a corresponding tube pin under it and there is a tang between 1 and 9 that is unlabled with a corresponding hole for a tube pin. The instructions clearly show a tang at pin 5 to be jumped with pin 4 for 6.3 supply

Did I get a bad socket? or is this just something im missing?

Thanks!

Robin
    Participant

Congrats on the 2Stroke kit. Here is a link to the pin outs for the tube sockets used in the 2Stroke (and most others)

:http://www.dogstar.dantimax.dk/tubestuf/pinout.htm

The 12AX7 is a “dual triode” tube, meaning that it’s actually two preamp triode tubes in one envelope. There are two anodes (pins 1 & 6), two cathodes (pins 3 & eight), two grid (pins 2 & 7), Pin 9 is the center tap for the heater (6.3v) circuit and pins 4 & 5 are for the other side of the heater circuit (which are bridges together in this application). Tube sockets can have the numbers in different places (or none at all) but the pins outs will always be the same for a 12AX7. There is a blank space on the tube between pin 1 and pin 9. Will rotating the socket 180 degrees in the chassis resolve the issue?
    Good luck.

ToneBone
    Participant

Thanks Robin I sorted it out..I should have just ignored the numbers on the socket. I didnt realize they were fiction for the task at at hand.

Thanks again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.