Home Forums Design and Building 2 Stroke Amplifier Design and Building What size cab should I get for the 2 stroke?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jlanguirand
    Participant

Hello!

I’m going to be building the 2 stroke with an 8″ & 10″ configuration and I want to know what size cab I should get. I bought the 5f2 chassis from Weber

Thanks!

Robin
    Participant

My 2Strokes and 15 watt amp all use the same sized cabinet (as seem in my photos). It works great with the 8/10 combination (or 1-12). 21 7/8″ wide, 18 1/2″ tall and 9″ deep. BTW I have a brown and cream cabinet in this style for sale (like the green and cream color scheme on my 15 watter). If anyone is interested, I can post a photo or 2. The top is cut out 11 5/8″, perfect for a 5F2a chassis. The baffle is cut for 1-12″ speaker, not holes have been drilled for the chassis. The back panel is similar to my 15 watter. Solid pine cabinet with Baltic birch baffle. It’s brand new, never used. I have a custom-sized D2F cover for it as well.

The new 30 watt, Stang-ray style amp I working on now uses the same design, scaled up slightly to allow for a 10/12 speaker combo.

M Fowler
    Participant

Robin that Stang will be killer I sure love mine.

Jlanguirand
    Participant

Robin,

Can you post a picture of the cab you have? I have a Celestion Blue 12″ 8 ohm that might sound as good as the 8/10 combination. I tried the celestion blue in my 5e3 and it just sounded to big for that amp/cab.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.