Home Forums Design and Building Effects Design and Construction completed wiring of circuit for 2 stroke amp

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    joewilly
    Participant

[attachment=63]2Strokeamp001.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=63]2Strokeamp001.jpg[/attachment]
    Finally completed wiring and soldering the cicuit for 2 stroke amp per the TAN wiring diagram.
    I have a new appreciation for electronic technicians. Used the 5F2A chassis, sure is a tight fit to get all the wiring and components in place.
    If I do another amp I will certainly be more organized in placing wiring and components. Waiting for my next monthly allowance to purchase one more speaker and the vacuum tubes.
    Until then I can build and cover the amplifier cabinet. Then I can install the amp in the cabinet. I certainly enjoyed putting together the chassis.
    I have a question regarding the vacuum tubes. Rather than using the 6L6 or the 6V6 power tubes, could I use a KT66. I am using the Weber125P1B power transformer. THe 6.3v AC filament supply is at 4 amps. The 12AX7 and the KT66 used together, I am not sure if this exceeds the 4 amps.

Robin
    Participant

The KT66 will work fine. Post some photos of your chassis when you can.

joewilly
    Participant

I will try to send photos by the weekend of my completed chassis minus the vacuum tubes.

Andy
    Keymaster

I think the KT66 is a killer tube with this amp. That’s what I have settled on for my liking. I think you’ll enjoy it.

If you need some help on part procurement, send me a personal message and I can help. I may have some stuff in stock to help you out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.