Home Forums Design and Building Effects Design and Construction Mounting the hammond 125 ESE output transformer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    joewilly
    Participant

I am working on the final assembly of my 2 stroke amp. I am trying to find a good place to mount the output transformer. The amp that I am building is with the Weber 5F2a chassis. It appears that a good place
    would be near the impedance switch and the preamp socket. This particular chassis does not have any predrilled holes. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Robin
    Participant

Check out the photo called “OT Mounting brackets” in my 2STroke photo folder. This is the same Weber chassis you are using. I’ve used the same setup for a couple of amps and it works great. The aluminum stock from the hardward store. Note that I removed the original OT mounting tabs to do this installation (super easy to do). If this interests you, I have additional detail photos I could post.

joewilly
    Participant

Robin,
    Thanks for your tip on mounting the OT for the Hammond 125 ESE.
    It looks like a better fit for clearing the 2 speakers that I am using.
    It appears that you made your own cabinet. I am contructing my own cabinet using 45 degree lock miter joints.I noticed that the tolex on your cabinet is in separate pieces for the ends. How do you make the join with the top and bottom? oops too many questions

Joewilly

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.